- Members of the Opioid Oversight Committee will be the experts on the opioid epidemic in St. Clair County and develop strategies to address / reduce the amount of abuse by a minimum 10 percent.
- Provide oversight, support and endorsement of the Prevention and Treatment Subcommittee activities.
- Executive Oversight Committee Members will educated the community on issues related to the opioid epidemic in SCC.
Vision: We envision a St. Clair County free of opioid abuse and addiction.
Mission: Our mission is to coordinate all available community resources, public and private, to address opioid abuse and addiction.
- Subcommittee Reports are standing agenda items on the Executive Oversight Committee meetings and the chair / co-chair report out monthly on progress at their meetings.
- Oversight Committee has also endorsed the new youth prevention committee called SPEAK, which
also address opioid addiction.
- Presentations at each meeting to help members understand the various complexities of an opioid addiction. Presenters have included: SCC Drug Task Force, SCC Treatment Options; Inpatient, Residential, Outpatient, Medication Assisted Treatment Pilot in Intervention Center, State of Michigan Opioid Expert, HMA on addiction and the brain, and Odyssey House.
- Data Subcommittee has been created to determine what data to use; that it is reliable, local and
informative to help measure progress in reducing opioid deaths.
Chairperson: Sherriff Tim Donnellon, St. Clair County Sherriff’s Office