To enhance public safety by reducing offender recidivism
- Statewide strategic approach to create safer neighborhoods through the delivery of a seamless plan of service.
- All services are delivered in collaboration with state & local agencies to provide the tools necessary for returning citizens to successful transition into the community.
- St. Clair County’s Offender Success Program had a change in leadership this year from Macomb/St. Clair MI Works to Catholic Charities of Shiawassee & Genesee Counties as part of Region 6 Offender Success.
- 55 returning St. Clair County citizens were served in FY 22.
- Of those served, 35 received transitional housing services and 22 received public transportation assistance. Five received behavioral health assistance, six received assistance with getting ID, 14 received clothing assistance and four received job readiness services.
- Region wide (seven counties), our job placement rate was 64% and job retention (12 months or longer at same job) was 55%. That put Region 6 in the top third of the 10 regions in the state.
Contact person: Robert Esselink, Catholic Charities