To mitigate normal stress reactions and expedite recovery when a critical incident / traumatic event
occurs which can overwhelm normal coping skills.
- Collaboration between the Department of Homeland Security/Emergency Management and St. Clair County Community Mental Health.
- Team members include individuals in law enforcement, EMS, fire, medical, mental health, business, schools, clergy, etc.
- Team members are trained in the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF) model and are able to respond when there is a traumatic event in the community.
- There have been 14 interventions from January – October 30th for a variety of first responder entities, schools, hospitals, human services organizations, and community members.
- For more information or an intervention, contact St. Clair County Community Mental Health and request the Critical Incident Team.
For more information about CISM contact St. Clair County Community Mental Health at 810-985-8900
Contact person: Amy Smith, St. Clair County Community Mental Health