To mitigate normal stress reactions and expedite recovery when a critical incident / traumatic event
occurs which can overwhelm normal coping skills.
- Collaboration between Department of Homeland Security/Emergency Management & St. Clair County Community Mental Health.
- Members trained in the International Critical Incident Stress Foundation (ICISF) model are able to respond when there is a traumatic event for First Responders as well as the Community.
- A training was held in March to recruit new CISM Team Members, 22 attendees applied to become members.
- There have been 11 interventions from January – September, 10 for First Responders and one for a local business.
- There was one Pandemic Fatigue Training which is an off shoot of the CISM model.
For more information about CISM contact St. Clair County Community Mental Health at 810-985-8900
Contact person: Amy Smith, St. Clair County Community Mental Health