A county free of unaddressed substance use concerns.
To provide a coordinated approach of all available community resources, public and private, to address and reduce substance use concerns through the promotion of prevention, treatment, and recovery.
- Data Collection – Increase accurate, relevant, and current local data that will be used to increase community awareness and to support informed decision making to decrease the negative impact of substance use in St. Clair County.
- Community Education – Create a public awareness and education marketing campaign to promote awareness of substance use concerns, with the focus on prevention, treatment, and recovery.
- Resources & Support – Identify, assess ,and promote current resources and supports for people who have a concern regarding substance use and recovery.
2022 Collaborative Accomplishment
- Drafted a mission, vision, and workgroup goals.
- Workgroup divided into three subgroups to begin to accomplish workgroup goals: Data, Community Education & Awareness, and Resources & Supports. Modified workgroup calendar to meet six times a year to allow for subgroups to meet more frequently to complete objectives.
- Presentations to various organizations help educate members of the scope of this workgroup: law enforcement & Drug Task Force, Region 10, Opioid Settlement Funds, etc.
- Discussed and endorsed start of an Overdose Fatality Review Team. Some workgroup members will serve on this new Associated Initiative. Information learned from the review team will be shared with this workgroup.
Chair: Ken Heuvelman, Odyssey House
Staff Support: Amy Smith, St. Clair County Community Mental Health
2023 Meeting Calendar
Substance Use Prevention Treatment & Recovery meets the fourth Wednesday of every month from 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Meetings are be held at Blue Water Recovery Outreach Center (BWROC).
- February 22, 2023
- April 26, 2023
- June 28, 2023
- August 23, 2023
- October 25, 2023
- December 20, 2023