- Provide Community Education & Awareness regarding homelessness in St. Clair County
- Work collaboratively to reduce the number of people struggling with homelessness in St. Clair County
- Re-evaluate and update St. Clair County Strategic Plan to better coordinate with various federal, state and local requirements
Mission: To address the housing and support services needs of individuals and families along the continuum of care from homelessness to permanent housing.
Vision: All individuals and families who are homeless or are at risk of homelessness in St. Clair County will have access to safe, decent, affordable housing and the resources and supports necessary to sustain it.
- Received $198,681 Emergency Solutions Grant from MSHDA that was allocated to shelters and housing service providers in St. Clair County
- Hosted the 11th Annual Community Resource Fair at SC4, with 51 vendors and 384 attendees.
- Conducted the 2019 Point in Time Count, counting 75 adults, 32 children and 13 families as homeless
- The Interagency Service Team conducted IST meetings for 29 individuals in 2019
- Provides oversite and monitoring of HMIS, Housing Choice Voucher, SOAR Applications and Coordinated Entry Process
- Reviewed and revised the St. Clair County Strategic Plan to End Homelessness
- The 2019 State-wide Summit on Ending Homelessness was held in Port Huron at the Blue Water Convention Center
- Coordinated Entry
- Continuum of Care
- Community Resource Fair
- Interagency Service Team
- Homeless Management Information System
- Strategic Plan to End
Chairperson: Kathy Swantek, Blue Water Developmental Housing