- Develop comprehensive list of existing resources to support children, their families, and providers serving those 8 – 18 years of age.
- Identify gaps in services based on survey data/needs assessment data
- Help support development of needed programs as identified through needs assessment process.
- Develop a countywide Speakers Bureau listing.
- Plan and execute Resource Fair for providers and possibly families.
2022 Collaborative Accomplishments
- Adolescent Resource Guide has been developed in an electronic version using a QR code. It is a living document and at any point in time, users will have current information. This document was distribute at the Community Resource Fair, with all school districts in time for the start of the school year, as well as the CSCB membership. The committee continues to re-visit this document to identify additional supports to be included, as well as additional locations to market it.
- A comprehensive speaker’s bureau has been created on a variety of adolescent topics and is available to any group, committee, parents, or school that would be interested and request a topic county-wide. This goal has been completed.
- Work has been underway to expand the workgroup membership to be more inclusive of all types of adolescent services.
- Discussions are occurring regarding the feasibility of hosting an in-person Resource Fair for families & professionals, and what would such an event look like. With the use of technology, is some other format a better option.
- Workgroup is in the process of setting new goals to work toward for 2023.
Chairperson: Karen Palka, A Beautiful Me
2023 Meeting Calendar
Adolescent Workgroup meets monthly at St. Clair County Community Mental Health from 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- January 4, 2023
- February 1, 2023
- March 1, 2023
- April 5, 2023
- May 3, 2023
- June 7, 2023
- July 5, 2023
- August 2, 2023
- September 6, 2023
- October 4, 2023
- November 1, 2023
- December 6, 2023
Adolescent Services Workgroup Speakers Bureau