- Positive Behavior Intervention/supports in all schools in St. Clair County
- Address mental health issues in youth age 8-18 years of age
- Families will be engaged and active in integrated healthcare initiatives addressing the whole child.
- Implement a community education/training events to spread/share information with providers, parents / caregivers and students in logical places with information on how to access the needed programs.
- Spread program awareness throughout CSCB, 211 Northeast Michigan, and encourage attendees to share with staff.
- Provide information at afterschool programs, principal meetings, district meetings
- Adequate funding to address needs of whole child (mental health / physical health, food, shelter, clothing)
- Workgroup formed in June, understanding that many organizations in St. Clair County offer some level of support to youth age 8– 18 but lack cross-systems coordination. Adolescents face a variety of issues that effect their social/ emotional health and well being; the influences of social media, pressure to achieve at home, school; the pressure of drugs/ alcohol; bulling/cyber bullying; challenging/dysfunctional family systems etc.
- Identified a need for a coordinated system of community resources and supports to assist adolescents and their families; as well as those who work with adolescents in matters related to mental health, substance use disorders and other social/emotional needs.
- Identifying strategic priorities, worked on goal writing, and developing intervention strategies
Chairperson: Deb Johnson, St. Clair County Community Mental Health