- Working with the St. Clair County Medical Examiner and local law enforcement collect local data on deaths by suicide and suicide attempts in St. Clair County. In 2021, the Medical Examiner ruled there were 30 deaths by suicide and 16 indeterminate. There were at least 264 attempts requiring police during the same time. In 2022, law enforcement agencies in St. Clair County have recorded 287 suicide attempt interventions through October.
- In 2022 began a billboard campaign highlighting the National Suicide Prevention Helpline.
- Created additional marketing material for teens and seniors. Worked with the schools and the Council on Aging to help distribute the material.
- Continue to provide community trainings on suicide prevention with local resources.
- Seventh Annual Walk2Remember, Walk2Prevent Suicide was held on 10/9/22 with approximately 300 people in attendance.
Chair: Michael McCartan
Contact: Amy Smith, St. Clair County Community Mental Health
2023 Meeting Calendar
The Suicide Prevention Committee meets the second Tuesday of every month from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Meetings will be held virtually until it is safe to meet in larger groups.
- January 10, 2023
- February 14, 2023
- March 7, 2023
- April 11, 2023
- May 9, 2023
- June 13, 2023
- July 11, 2023
- August 8, 2023
- September 12, 2023
- October 17, 2023
- November 7, 2023
- December 12, 2023
Walk 2 Remember Walk 2 Prevent Event Website
Items available by request for groups or organizations
- Brochures & information materials
Contact Amy Smith
St. Clair County Community Mental Health