- Continue to collect & analyze current local suicide attempt and completion data looking for trends
- Co-sponsored presentation by Will Hemininger of U of M Depression Clinic for Port Huron High School
in March and Capac High School in October.
- Co-sponsored with SCC Community Mental Health “Coming Up For Air” a documentary of mental illness and suicide prevention
- SC4 Free College Day Presentation on Suicide Prevention
- Cable TV, social media, radio PSA’s, & presentations in schools, church groups, & community
- Purchased promotional materials with local and national phone numbers and text number for help
- Survivor of Suicide Support Group continues to meet monthly.
- 5th Annual Walk2Remember, Walk2Prevent held on October 13th had approximately 350 participants
Contact person: Michael McCartan
2021 Meeting Calendar
The Suicide Prevention Committee meets the second Tuesday of every month from 9:00 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Meetings will be held virtually until it is safe to meet in larger groups.
- January 12, 2021
- February 9, 2021
- March 9, 2021
- April 13, 2021
- May 11, 2021
- June 8, 2021
- July 13, 2021
- August 10, 2021
- September 14, 2021
- October 12, 2021
- November 9, 2021
- December 14, 2021