- To focus on system issues that may interfere with people applying for and maintaining employment once hired
- Work with employers to assist with breaking down barriers that prevent people from obtaining and maintaining employment.
- Identify and create supports for employees who may need extra assistance to maintain employment
Identified Gaps: Childcare issues, living wages, affordable housing, labor force shortage and turnover
2022 Collaborative Accomplishments
- Held several Focus Groups with MiWorks! clients to learn about barriers to applying for work as well as issues effecting length of employment.
- Working with a variety of early childhood experts to explore a variety of options to address the shortage of day care options and possible ways to reduce expense for families
- Working to expand workgroup membership to include employers, human resource specialist, and human service providers
- Staying informed on other barriers currently facing the community: workforce housing, transportation, living wages, etc.
Chairperson: Ann Austin, MiWorks! Macomb / St. Clair
2023 Meeting Calendar
Business Resource Network meets monthly at St. Clair County Community Mental Health from 1:00 p.m. – 2:30 p.m.
- January 25, 2023
- February 22, 2023
- March 22, 2023
- April 26, 2023
- May 24 2023
- June 28, 2023
- July 26, 2023
- August 23, 2023
- September 27, 2023
- October 25, 2023
- November 22, 2023
- December 27, 2023