- To work with people who are not able to secure employment, obtain employment
- Assist those who have difficulty maintaining employment to be able to stay working
- Work with employers to help address identified barriers to employee retention
- Work to facilitate solutions to barriers to sustainable employment where none exist within the community
- Reviewed state-wide Business Resource Networks with particular focus on the daycare crisis
- Worked on plans to hold a variety of focus groups to gather accurate information from the ground up. Created questions and content for the focus groups.
- Due to a large re-organization at Michigan WORKS, the committee’s work has been on hold since the May meeting and currently is awaiting decisions regarding focus
Chairperson: Ann Austin, Michigan WORKS! Macomb / St. Clair