The Dementia and Alzheimer’s Resource Committee is committed to improving the lives of those living with dementia and the lives of those that love and care for them. We achieve this mission by supporting education throughout our community, and distributing grant funding to provide caregiving relief and support.
- Sponsored two trainings: a webinar titled, Newly Navigated Territory, and an in-person training titled, Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Issued an RFP for marketing and communications management, website development, and social media management; Contract awarded to JH Strategies. The first priority is to change the name of the DARC.
- We applied for and received $30,000 in ARPA funds from the county to pay for the contract with JH Strategies, as well as to provide additional respite services to families in need.
- Will be hiring a part-time executive director (posting ends 11/30/2022).
- Hosted 5k Run/Walk on September 18, 2022 (first in person run/walk since 2019).
- Provided 12 grants for respite services for a total of $12,000.
- In the planning phase is the inaugural “Friend Raising Luncheon” at Port Huron Golf Club on May 24, 2023 at which time the Marcia Haynes Advocate of the Year awards will be presented.
Contact person: Deb Johnson, St. Clair County Community Mental Health